Thursday, January 9, 2014

Pre Surgery What to Expect some tips

After getting home I was more depressed anxious and angry. I kept thinking why my ankle and not my arm!!! Coping with pain is not ease I thought I was strong but i'm not. My splint was so uncomfortable. Every time I stood up I felt a tightness and my foot would throb. I elevated above my nose for that whole week. I couldn't sleep. The narcotics made me constipated. I lost my appetite. I was a mess. I cried a lot that week. I searched the web for what to expect and I became more depressed, of the success stories I read. I really didn't care if I had a limp as long as I was able to walk again.

I kept thinking about all the people with spinal cord injuries that are unable to walk. If they can manage I will also. I was entering into deep depression and I had to keep my mind busy. I really wanted to blog about my experience and tell it how it is. Every step of the way from week one to what ever week I am functional. But I didn't. I am in week 11 right now. What I have learned is you will get so bored tired weak am all the emotions under the rainbow. Keep a journal. I did lots of crafts. I worked with polymer clay. I learned how to sew youtube is wonderful! Keep a structured day. I ate at the same time kept my bathroom breaks at certain times. Ohh most important get any help you can. But also work your way into doing things. I started to wash dishes with one leg on a chair. I felt wonderful even though they where not really clean I did something for myself its the best feeling ever. Trust me you will cry the day you dress yourself!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment